full day workshop
Participate in gallery tours and discuss the contemporary art on display across our different gallery spaces.
Learn about the artists’ ideas and glass making processes. Choose a piece of artwork, write a review and share to the group.
Discuss measurement, scale and proportion. Investigate shape by using maths to create symmetrical designs.
Create a fused glass decoration inspired by symmetry. Learn about glass making processes and equipment.
– About prominent contemporary glass artists and their ideas
– New vocabulary
– Writing for different purposes
– Identifying lines of symmetry (KS1)
– Materials and techniques
– How to create a symmetrical pattern (KS1)
– How to present ideas
– Discuss personal thoughts
– How hot glass is shaped into objects
– How to paint on glass
Get inspired by
– Hot glass demonstrations
– Contemporary art exhibitions
– Pencils, paper, mirrors, rulers, glass, glass, paint pens
Cost: £8 per pupil / Year 1 - 6 / KS2 (adapted for suitability)
Also available as a half day workshop without a glass making activity, £4
This qualifies as a complete Arts Award Discover, or contributes to part of Arts Award Explore. There is additional charge for Discover certificates, group discounts apply.
Curriculum links: Science, Art & Design, History, Geography, Religious Studies and Maths
0191 515 5555