full day workshop
Discuss how best to use materials and resources through experiments and group activities.
Learn about business enterprise by considering complex elements like volume, efficiency and profit.
Explore our heritage gallery to understand the history of manufacturing in the region.
Create a logo and paint it on a hanging glass decoration.
– About the practical considerations involved in product design
– To measure volume
– How to think critically about problems
– About local heritage
– New vocabulary
– How to adapt creative designs within set specifications
– How to present ideas
– Painting on glass
– How hot glass is shaped into objects
Get inspired by
– Hot glass demonstrations
– Heritage exhibition
– Measuring tools, glass vessels, paper , pencil, glass, glass paint pens
Cost: £8 per pupil / Year 4+ / KS2 (adapted for suitability)
Also available as a half day workshop without a glass making activity, £4
Curriculum links: English, Art & Design, Science, Maths and History
0191 515 5555